Rheem RTE 9 Electric Tankless Water Heater:
Rheem RTE 9 Electric Tankless Water Heater are a great alternative to standard tanked electric water heaters. Each Rheem RTE 9 Electric Tankless Water Heater features a compact design while still providing continuous hot water on demand. This provides homeowners flexibility when choosing where to install their tankless water heater while allowing them to save space when compared to standard tanked water heaters.
The Rheem RTE9 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 3 GPM is a great way to have continuous hot water efficiently and at a low-cost. The Rheem RTE 9 Electric Tankless Water Heater is a much more efficient way of supplying hot water than the conventional 40-50 gallon hot water heaters of the past. The Rheem RTE 9 Electric Tankless Water Heater also requires much less space that the traditional tanked water heaters because it is just one third the size of a tanked water heater.
Ideal for Point-of-Use Applications Continuous Hot Water on Demand Energy Efficient Compact Design – Fits Almost Anywhere On-Unit Temperature Control LEDs Indicate Active Element and Standby Mode Standard 1/2″ Water Connection Rugged Brass/Copper Heat Exchanger Applications Homes Apartments Condos Hospitals Hotels Boats Restaurants Offices Laboratories …anywhere hot water is needed! Model: Rheem RTE 9 Electric Tankless Water Heater Length: 10 Width: 7-1/4 Weight: 8 ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS KW: 9 VOLTS: 240 REQ.Breaker: 40 MAX POWER(AMP): 38 AWG WIRE: 8 Minimum Activation Flow rate(GPM): 0.4 Maximum Flow Rate(GPM): 3
|Part Number:||RTE 9|
|Item Weight:||7.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions:||7.2 x 7.2 x 10 inches|
|California residents:||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number:||RTE 9|
|Item Package Quantity:||1|
|Warranty Description:||Parts warranty: 1 year. Heat exchange warranty: 10 years. Warranties are only vaild if unit was installed by a licensed technician|
|Shipping Weight:||7.8 pounds|
|Date First Available:||May 19, 2010|
Here is some great advantage for using Rheem RTE 9 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- On-unit temperature control
- LEDs indicate active element and standby mode
- Standard 1/2″ water connection
- Rugged brass/copper heat exchanger
- Modulating power with Digital Temperature Control
- Only uses power when Hot Water is Necessary
- Continuous hot water on demand
- Industry leading low-flow activation
- External temperature control
- Complete install without removing the cover
Most Useful Customer Reviews From Amazon:
- I was debating on this size or the one size smaller. I made the right choice. All though it does take a 40 amp breaker and number 8 wire ( same specs Rheem RTE 13 Electric Tankless Water Heater), which is a fairly good load, the hot water is instant and plentiful. We have a 1 inch incoming line and plenty of pressure, reduced down to 1/2″ within a foot of the heater. The flow through the unit is a lot and with the t-stat turned to full the water is plenty warm. It doesn’t take much of a flow to trip the unit on.We had tried a smaller unit at another location and we had to control the water flow to get substantial ‘warm’ water.
- I put Rheem RTE 9 Electric Tankless Water Heater in a small apartment and was not sure it would do the job. We have a shower, bathroom sink, kitchen sink, washer and dryer. To my surprise it works just great and is only the size of a cigar box. I can run the sink hot water full blast it it keeps up. Have not had more than one demand at a time so not sure how that is going to work. But I can say it is pretty slick.
- This little unit was installed in place of a 30 gallon tank . The 30 amp feed for the original heater was used. The #10 gauge stranded wire is good enough for the power requirements for this unit. My amp probe showed 28 to 32 amps load, whereas stranded wire thhn is good for 35 amps. Have had no over heating and unit will operate fine. Replaced circuit breaker with 40 amp 2-pole unit. Do not do this unless you are sure of your wire and connections, as #8 wire is recommended As this unit is only used for short times the wire size is fine. I am an electrician of over 40 years experience . I know of what I speak.
- Have several of them installed in my motel for about 6 month. It working for shower vanity and kitchen just fine. Never had complaints. No problems so far. Little space. Very convenient. 5 stars. I personally recommend it.
- Using Rheem RTE 9 Electric Tankless Water Heater as a whole house water heater. 2 bath. Not great for a regular bath tub water unless you turn it really low (so cal.) but works wonderfully with restricted shower head. Figure about 40 degree rise in temp on a low flow so if your water is 40 you will get a mild warm shower. Better than cold. I use it with a 50amp breaker #8. Works fine.
Leave a Comment